Coronavirus Travel Update
We have amended our usual booking conditions with new flexible terms for bookings made before March 31, 2020. For travel information related to Covid-19 please click here >
1. Rental Prices are quoted in Euros.
2. Payment is in advance by bank transfer or credit / debit card. A deposit of 25% (non-reimbursable) is required on confirmation of a booking. The remaining balance is required 6 weeks before the start of the rental. The rental payment is payable in full if booking within 6 weeks of the start of the rental.
3. Rentals are per property per week or per night as appropriate.
4. Arrival and departure dates refer to the inclusive number of nights. Arrival time is from 16.00 and departure time is by 10.00.
5. Cancellation Charges apply as follows: More than 42 days before the start of the rental: loss of deposit. Less than 21 days before the start of the rental: loss of full payment. We will use our best endeavors to re-let the property on the best possible terms. If we are successful, a refund will be made to you minus an administration fee of 50.00€ if you have paid the deposit only. If you paid the full rental you will receive the rental we were able to achieve on re-letting minus a fee of 75.00€.
The exception to this is our Flexible policy for travel affected by Coronavirus. For more information on this click here
We also require a separate Security Deposit of 300€ to cover damage, loss or breakages. This payment must be made in cash or bank transfer and will be returned by same via shortly after your holiday, provided the property is left in the same condition that you found it on arrival.
6. Services included in the rental include water, gas for hot water, electricity and pool cleaning. Towels and bed linen are changed at the end of each week and the house is cleaned at the end of each week. Additional maid service can be arranged on request as can laundry of pool and beach towels. Our winter and out of season rental rates are excellent value but they do not include central heating. We find that people’s requirements vary and so do the monthly temperatures. We read the gas meter at the beginning and end of your stay and you pay for exactly what you have used.
7. Additional services include extra beds at 5.00€ per night and 35.00€ per week. Cots and high chairs are available at following costs: cot 2.50€/night and 1.50€/night. Each cot will be supplied with a mattress, base sheet, duvet and duvet covers. All these items are subject to availability. A grocery pack is available on request: the cost for this is 30.00€/4 people. All these additional services are payable in cash on arrival or included on final payment.
8. Travel Insurance. It is advisable to obtain comprehensive travel insurance immediately on booking.
9. Agent’s Right to Cancel a Booking
We reserve the right to cancel your booking if you have not paid your remaining balance by the due date. We will email you a payment reminder a few days before your balance is due and will email you again if your balance remains unpaid on the due date. If we don’t hear from you for a further seven days, we may cancel your booking without further notice. We will not be liable for any loss or damage you may suffer as a consequence.
We also reserve the right to cancel your booking in a force majeure situation that cannot have been foreseen or prevented, or a similar situation that is out of our control. This could be a fire, water damage or similar occurrence that prevents you from staying at the property you have booked. We will offer you an alternative property or refund the full cost of your booking, but will not be liable for any associated costs you may suffer as a consequence.
We have a right to cancel your booking in a rare case where two bookings have been made for the same period at exactly the same time. In such cases, we will check the exact time each booking was made and will cancel the booking that was made last. If we have to cancel your booking, we will of course inform you about this as soon as possible by email and return your payment without delay.
We also have a right to cancel your booking if the property is not available, because the owner of the property has not updated us with his booking in accordance with his obligations. All our property owners are contracted to update us with their dates immediately but if an error has occurred in this procedure and the property is not available, we will of course inform you immediately by email and return your payment without delay.
10. Complaint. In the unlikely event that you feel cause for complaint during the rental you should inform us immediately and we will do our best to rectify matters. Telephone or come to the address where you picked up the keys. Please be aware that notifying a complaint after the completion of the rental may compromise our ability to consider it.
11. All information in our promotional media of any kind forms part of these Booking Conditions, including the maximum number and any minimum age of people who can be accommodated and any other conditions stipulated in property descriptions. Distances and measurements are approximate. Facilities are as agreed with the property owners and are offered in good faith. No responsibility can be accepted for the climate, the natural or built environment, local conditions, traditions or practices, interruption to or breakdown of any public service and any consequential effect thereof.
12. If you are Resident in the UK you should carry the European Health Insurance Card (contact: www.nhs.uk or 0845 4647 or outside the UK 044 207 2104850) as this confirms your entitlement to medical benefits in kind during your stay in Portugal. The form is available from UK Post Offices. Similar benefits may be available to residents of other countries.
13. This website has illustrations and suggestions of locally available activities like horse riding, diving, golf, sailing and surfing. It is your responsibility to make sure the suppliers have the correct insurance, facilities and trained staff for your needs.
14. Internet and WiFi. Internet access and Wi-Fi is available when stated in the relevant accommodation description. Please note there may be restrictions with the availability and speed of the service transmitted by the local provider and technical issues may cause temporary withdrawal of internet facilities. We are unable to accept responsibility for any down time or consequences of using this service and refund/compensation cannot be offered due to circumstances beyond our control.
15. Staying at your property
Only the maximum number of persons stated in our property details may occupy a property at any one time, unless otherwise has been agreed at the time of your booking.
Setting up a tent or parking a caravan or motor home on the property grounds is not permitted.
Pets are permitted only in properties that display ‘Pets welcome’ and you must always mention any pets at the time of your booking. Only house-trained or caged pets can stay at a property and the property must be left clean and tidy at the end of your stay. If any additional cleaning is required then we are entitled to charge you for this as appropriate.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in all our properties. If any smoking has taken place at a property during your stay, then we are entitled to charge you for all associated costs for a full house clean and airing.
We are entitled to ask you to leave the property without refund or compensation, if your behaviour causes unreasonable nuisance, damage to the property or danger to others nearby. Neither Suddenly Lda nor the property owner will be liable for any associated costs.
Please make sure you take all your belongings with you at the end of your stay, as we cannot take responsibility for any belongings left behind.
16. Law & Jurisdiction
Holiday Rental Portugal website is managed by Suddenly Lda and follows Portuguese laws in all its operations. In case of a dispute, all parties must aim to reach a resolution by negotiation. If a satisfactory outcome is not reached this way, the dispute will be resolved in a Portuguese court. Portuguese law applies to the rental contract.
Suddenly Lda is a registered business in Portugal under the number 508618100.
Registered office is at Avenida da Liberdade n.º46, 2525-801 Serra D’El Rei
If you wish to book a car, we will make the connection to a local car agency and they will provide you with a quote directly.
Car hire is provided through car hire companies we recommend because they offer excellent customer service and great value, however we are not liable for the service they provide and should we receive negative feedback about their service we would stop recommending them.
For your own safety and convenience, we recommend you book a larger car rather than a smaller car for your holiday to allow for luggage space. Depending on the number of passengers and luggage in your party, additional transport may be required to transfer to and from the airport.
Some car hire companies may also impose a local charge for additional/ young drivers (under 25 years old).
Child seats can be fitted to the majority of hire cars that are offered and must be requested at the time of booking (please indicate the age of your child at this time).
All car categories are subject to availability. In the event of a specific car type not being provided by the car hire company an alternative vehicle may be offered.
Car rental companies will offer products/ extras at the counter when collecting the rental vehicle, these products/extras are ‘optional’ and paid directly to the car rental company.
Cancellations & Changes to Car Orders
Please check the cancellations terms directly with card agency.