What health and safety measures have you put in place?
We will be aiming to minimise contact points throughout your holiday. When you arrive at our office to collect the keys we ask that one member from your party comes in to our office to collect the keys and to provide passports for everyone in your group. Passports will be electronically scanned as part of the check in processes. The keys will be in an envelope at our entrance desk ready for you to collect.
In our office we have perspex screen in place, and all staff will be wearing face coverings. Our door will be open to allow for constant ventilation.
All our guests will receive their own personal protective equipment kit which will contain a hand sanitiser and face coverings.
During 2020 there were restrictions were in place from the Portuguese government on the provision of Mid-stay cleans. We hope that during 2021 we will be able to reinstate these as we know that someone else changing the beds, replacing the towels and cleaning your property is a welcome holiday perk that our guests appreciate.
There may be the restriction that guests must vacate the property while the housekeepers work in which case we will inform you closer to your arrival date and the housekeepers may ask guests to wait on the terrace or by the pool while they work.
If you need anything during your stay you can still come to our office, or call or email instead.
What are you doing to ensure my property is clean?
We always follow the highest cleaning standards and have consistently excellent feedback from guests who have valued the excellent standard of cleanliness that they have found when they have arrived at one of our villas or apartments.
This year we have implemented additional cleaning protocols specifically to combat the transmission of viruses. Thorough guidance has been issued by the WHO and the Portuguese government which we have worked to consistently for all our 2020 guests, and will continue to for 2021.
Our cleaning teams take their responsibilities very seriously and work very hard to ensure that our properties are clean and safe for our guests. Some of the cleaning processes are as follows:
- Cleaning and sterilising all touch points which includes lights switches, the buttons on remote controls, hairdryers, safes and keys for example.
- After cleaning a property thoroughly, the property is then sterilised with a bleach solution specifically intended to kill viruses.
- All bedding and towels are washed on a hot wash (with a period of time at 60 degrees).
- Our cleaning teams are also following strict protocols themselves, including wearing disposable gloves, removing shoes/wearing disposable shoe protectors and following social distancing rules when working in teams.
- We may need to have removed decorative soft furnishings such as cushions and throws if we are not able to launder these between guests. All cleaning equipment is cleaned daily. Our vehicles are cleaned daily and our cleaning teams work in set teams with no cross-mixing.
What could be different during our holiday?
During 2020 childrens’ playgrounds which are run by a local council have been closed in line with government restrictions. These should have reopened in 2021 but there may be restrictions in place that could mean playground are closed in some locations.
Swimming pools will be cleaned more often and the area around the swimming pool may be subject to a maximum occupancy. If this is the case then you may see information on the number of people displayed near the pool. All sunloungers and pool equipment will be cleaned regularly and we also ask guests to use the cleaning materials provided in your property to clean condominium loungers after you have used them.
What can I do in case my holiday is affected?
The key message is to make sure you have travel insurance in place as soon as you book. If you have booked already and don’t have travel insurance get it now. If your holiday becomes affected your first point of call will be your insurer.
If the advice changes to ‘advise against travel’ or ‘advise against non essential travel’ to Portugal and you are departing within 28 days then we will get in touch and advise you of the options open to you. The first point of call is to check with your insurer. We will support your claim with a cancellation invoice.
If you don’t have insurance then we will treat each situation on a case by case basis, you can read our ‘Coronavirus changes and cancellations policy here’.
Can I cancel my holiday if Portugal is not included in the ‘advise against travel’ or ‘advise against all but essential travel’ categories.
You can cancel your holiday if you don’t wish to travel but our standard terms and conditions will apply (found here).
If I am unable to travel, am I entitled to compensation?
You won’t be entitled to any compensation, as the reason for the holiday not continuing is outside our control
Useful information for guests arriving:
We want you to have a great holiday and to stay healthy and safe during your stay. We ask that all guests are familiar with these points to ensure everyone has an enjoyable and safe holiday
- Wash your hands frequently. There is hand soap in every bathroom and we have mini bottles of hand sanitizer for you to use while you are out and about.
- It is recommended to remove your shoes when entering the property and to leave them at the entrance.
- There are cleaning products and new cleaning sponges in the kitchen for you to use during your stay. (The cleaning sponges are replaced for every new arrival)
- If you develop a fever, cough or difficulty breathing seek medical care. Please call our office. We will contact the Portuguese health service and can arrange for local medical care. 00351 262909309
- If your stay is 10 nights or longer you will have a housekeeping visit during your stay. Our housekeepers are practicing additional cleaning measures to keep everyone safe:They will be wearing shoe covers while they are in the property.
- They will be wearing gloves and a mask while they work.
- Our housekeepers are working in set teams, with Personal Protective Equipment
- Please vacate the property while the housekeepers are working. (It is fine to stay on the terrace or by the pool). If you prefer not to have a housekeeping visit please let us know
- If you are staying in a property with a shared swimming pool it is not permitted to play with a ball in or out of the pool.
- Please also wipe down sun loungers after use with the cleaning spray and sponges provided.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning measures to ensure every property is clean and safe and ready for guests. During this time the check-out time is fixed at 10am and there is no ability to permit later check-outs.
- If you need anything during your stay or you have any questions please call our office on +351 262 909 309
Useful Resources for Further information:
Lisbon Airport Passenger Information
Safe Communities Portugal
British Embassy in Lisbon
Foreign & Commonwealth office
World Health Organisation
All customers are reminded that they should ensure they have appropriate travel insurance in place from the time of booking their holiday.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time in light of new travel restrictions or information.
Whether you’d like to start planning a trip or would like to find out more about travelling at the moment, we’re here to help. Contact us today