Vila dos Principes at Praia d'el Rey Golf and Beach Resort
Vila dos Principes is a prestigious, gated community within Praia del Rey Golf and Beach Resort on Portugal's Silver Coast. Set in landscaped gardens of palms, tropical shrubs and lawns, Vila dos Principes follows the design of traditional Portuguese architecture with examples of hand painted Portuguese tiles and colours of pale yellow, pale pink and white.
During July and August the main gate is manned during the day and each guest is given a remote to open the gates at night and other times. There is no through traffic at all within Vila dos Principes making it very secure, sociable and ideal for families. Centrally located within the Praia del Rey resort, the driving range and practice range, and the Clubhouse restaurant, terrace and bar are all moments away. The beach is around a 15 minutes walk or less than five minutes by car.
Restaurants within Praia del Rey Golf & Beach Resort
- Tempera (located in the Marriott Hotel)
- Contato (located in the Marriott Hotel)
- Romy (located in the Marriott Hotel, seasonal openning times apply)
- Pool Bar (located in the Marriott Hotel)
- Mare (located in the Beach Village, seasonal opening times apply)
- Club House Restaurant and Bar (located centrally in Praia d'el Rey, takeaway also available)
Facilities and Activities available at Vila dos Principes and elsewhere in Praia d'el Rey Golf & Beach Resort (Extra charges may apply)
- 3 large swimming pools and 2 childrens' pools. One pool is heated from April to October and the other two are heated from June to September. The pools are surrounded with sunloungers and parasols and each has a pool house with WC.
- Vila dos Principes is gated to ensure only residents have access. The gates are manned during July and August.
- Properties are surrounded by landscaped tropical gardens.
Within Praia d'el Rey Golf & Beach Resort:
- 18 hole Championship Golf Course
- Driving Range and Practice Range
- Praia del Rey Tennis Centre
- Praia del Rey resort Kids club (age 3-5). See more about Children's activities here
- Clube Aventura (age 5-18)
- Fitness Centre Spa (located in the Marriott Hotel)
- Kalyan Spa (located in the Marriott Hotel)
- Mini market 'Praca' (seasonal opening times)
- Ice cream Parlour (seasonal opening times)
- Children's Playground (free)
- Bike Hire available
Nearest Airport: Lisbon Humberto Delgado Airport. 1hr 5 minutes
We can provide transfers to and from Lisbon airport. We can also arrange car hire with your car delivered to your accomodation. Find out more here.
Nearest Beach: Praia d'el Rey beach within walking distance of Praia del Rey properties.
Baleal Beach is a 15 minute drive (take the main resort exit)
Obidos Lagoon - also a 15 minute direction (take the beach village exit)
Obidos, 15 minute drive
Caldas da Rainha, 25 minute drive
Peniche, 25 minute drive
Our favourite is Pingo Doce at Obidos but there are large supermarkets located at Caldas da Rainha and Peniche as well. There is a small grocery store within Praia d'el Rey. At Serra d'el Rey you have 2 mini markets.
Praia del Rey is a great base from which to explore the Silver Coast region in Portugal. The Silver Coast is a beautiful unspoilt stretch of coastline, stretching from Ericeira just north of Lisbon to Figueira da Foz, south of Porto, so called because the Atlantic Ocean turns to silver as the sun sets. The rolling countryside, medieval towns and easy access to Lisbon, one of Europe’s great capital cities, make the Silver Coast.
Within a 20 minute drive of Praia del rey you could be exploring the medieval town of Obidos, choosing fresh fruit and vegetables and the colourful daily market at Praca da Fruta in Caldas da Rainha, or chilling at one of the beach bars nestled in the sand dunes at Baleal, cocktail in hand watching the sunset.
There is so much you can see and do, great restaurants to visit and towns to explore.