Welcome to Praia d'el Rey Golf and Beach Resort
Located on Portugal's Silver Coast more and more visitors are discovering this region of Portugal, still relatively unknown to so many. Praia d'el Rey sits along cliffs tops with stunning views over the endless beach which stretches for miles in either direction, and the dramatic Atlantic Ocean.
We are the Destination Specialist
At Praia d'el Rey we have the largest selection of apartment and villas, with either private or shared swimming pools many of which can be heated. All our properties are hand picked by us and all are managed by us as well so we can be sure that our accomodation is to the highest standard, well furnished and well equipped and also complying with all health and safety requirements. Free WiFi is available at almost all of our properties and you can also expect a barbecue, sunloungers and outside dining.
Praia d'el Rey is spread accross cliff tops and with a championship golf course winding through the resort, you always feel you have the space to relax and unwind. There is a selection of restaurants and bars located within the Praia d'e Rey resort showcasing traditional Portuguese dining, fresh seafood and salads, as well as an Italian restaurant more informal dining options at the Clubhouse. Within easy reach of the resort you also have lots of choice in the neighbouring areas. There is also an icecream parlour and cafe, small grocery store, kids club / activity club, tennis club and of course the golf course, plus other activities can be arranged such as bike hire, surfing lessons, sailing etc you can do as much or as little as you choose. With either ocean views or views through pinetress or of the golfcourse, any of our properties at Praia d'el Rey Golf and Beach Resort would be a perfect choice for your Portugal Silver Coast holiday.
Restaurants within Praia del Rey Golf & Beach Resort
- Tempera: Mediterranean cuisine, located in the Marriott Hotel. Open for breakfast lunch and dinner with themed buffets and an ocean view.
- Contato: Snacks, tapas and coctails in a relaxed bar setting with ocean views. Located in the Marriott Hotel.
- Emprata: Stylish dining, seasonal openning house apply. Located in the Marriott Hotel.
- Pool Bar: Outside overlooking the swimming pool, seasonal opennig hours apply. Located in the Marriott Hotel.
- Mare: Fresh seafood with stunnig ocean views, the perfect place to watch the sunset. Located in the Beach Village, seasonal opening times apply)
- The Club House Restaurant and Bar: Open for breakfast, luch and dinner with a large sunny terrace. Located centrally in Praia d'el Rey, takeaway also available.
For restaurant reservations call (+351) 262 905 100
Facilities and Activities available at Praia d'el Rey Golf & Beach Resort (Extra charges may apply)
- 18 hole Championship Golf Course
- Driving Range and Practice Range
- Praia del Rey Tennis Centre
- Praia del Rey resort Kids club (age 3-5). See more about Children's activities here
- Clube Aventura (age 5-18)
- Fitness Centre Spa (located in the Marriott Hotel)
- Kalyan Spa (located in the Marriott Hotel)
- Mini market 'Praca' (seasonal opening times)
- Ice cream Parlour (seasonal opening times)
- Children's Playground (free)
- Bike Hire available
Nearest Airport: Lisbon Humberto Delgado Airport. 1hr 5 minutes
We can provide transfers to and from Lisbon airport. We can also arrange car hire with your car delivered to your accomodation. Find out more here.
Nearest Beach: Praia d'el Rey beach within walking distance of Praia del Rey properties.
Baleal Beach is a 15 minute drive (take the main resort exit)
Obidos Lagoon - also a 15 minute direction (take the beach village exit)
Obidos, 15 minute drive
Caldas da Rainha, 25 minute drive
Peniche, 25 minute drive
Our favourite is Pingo Doce at Obidos but there are large supermarkets located at Caldas da Rainha and Peniche as well. There is a small grocery store within Praia d'el Rey. At Serra d'el Rey you have 2 mini markets.
Praia del Rey is a great base from which to explore the Silver Coast region in Portugal. The Silver Coast is a beautiful unspoilt stretch of coastline, stretching from Ericeira just north of Lisbon to Figueira da Foz, south of Porto, so called because the Atlantic Ocean turns to silver as the sun sets. The rolling countryside, medieval towns and easy access to Lisbon, one of Europe’s great capital cities, make the Silver Coast.
Within a 20 minute drive of Praia del rey you could be exploring the medieval town of Obidos, choosing fresh fruit and vegetables and the colourful daily market at Praca da Fruta in Caldas da Rainha, or chilling at one of the beach bars nestled in the sand dunes at Baleal, cocktail in hand watching the sunset.
There is so much you can see and do, great restaurants to visit and towns to explore.