Updated May 21, 2018
1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
Holiday Rental Portugal Limited is owned and maintained by:
Holiday Rental Portugal Ltd. Abbey House, Hickleys Court, South Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7QQ ("we" or "us")
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday );
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see below);
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
- We will only contact you using the details you provide for reasons directly relating to your purchase of services.
- We will never use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
4. On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the booking.
We may use your name and email contact details you have given us to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
We may share your email address with Google and/or Facebook or other web based advertising platforms (“Platforms”) , who act as data processors for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us. This may include the Platforms using socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar interests to present our marketing to. This socio-demographic information is not used for any other purpose nor shared with any other party. No information about other individuals identified from these Platforms is shared with us at any time.
The Platforms may also use your personal data to serve targeted advertising/content to you via their Platform. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant platform
We may also share your contact details with our third party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the accommodation and/or services that have been provided.
The above are done on the basis that they are in the legitimate interest of our company.
We may ask your consent to use your name and email address to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
5. Who will you share my information with?
We may share your information with:
- other third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services or fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, management companies, owner's associations, car hire companies and other suppliers;
- Platforms as set out in 5 above;
- Other third parties with your consent as set out in 3 above.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
6. How do you manage my information?
All our data is stored in the UK. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that this is lawful and that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy laws.
If we transfer your personal data to the USA then we will always use a lawful method to do so which may be either the “Privacy Shield” Programme or an agreement in a form approved by the European Commission.
7. Updating Your Details?
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at Holiday Rental Portugal Ltd. Abbey House, Hickleys Court, South Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7QQ Alternatively you can call us on +44 (0)203 507 0412
8. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below.
Data Protection Co-ordinator, Holiday Rental Portugal Ltd. Abbey House, Hickleys Court, South Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7QQ Or by email to: email@example.com
10. Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
11. When do you monitor telephone calls?
We do not monitor phone calls.
12. How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
13. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
You can also contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.
Please write to us at the address given below.
Data Protection Co-ordinator, Holiday Rental Portugal Ltd. Abbey House, Hickleys Court, South Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7QQ
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by phone +44 (0)203 507 0412
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint you also have the right to raise concerns at any time with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk