In 2000 my parents Marianne and Rod bought a property at Praia d'el Rey Golf & Beach Resort and loved the area so much that they moved here permanently in 2002, even bringing our cats Barney and Alfie with them. Many new friends and owners asked them to rent and look after their properties and so the rental and management business was born.
In 2015 my mother retired and I took over the business from her. We have been enjoying holidays at Praia d'el Rey for years and as each of our two daughters (now aged 3 and 5) arrived, we introduced them to the area too.
From small beginnings we now have over 100 properties that we manage through our sister company Silver Coast Living Lda and rent to guests from all over the world, many of whom return year on year.
Our enthusiasm for the Silver Coast region is undiminished and we love to share our knowledge and discoveries with guests and clients. The Silver Coast is a great base from which to explore North and West Portugal and we often go for ‘mini’ holidays ourselves exploring undiscovered parts of the country, as well as Northern Spain. Our ‘other’ home is South West London.
We are not like standard travel agents who never see the destination that they are promoting. Praia d'el Rey is our second home, so we really are the best people to talk to for help and advice on your holiday here.
My parents' first house at Praia d'el Rey, at Afonso IV
On the beach at Praia d'el Rey with my mother Marianne and brother Leo, in December 2002
One of our cats Alfie who much preferred the Portuguese climate
Fast forward a few years and my husband and daughters in the pool infront of my parents house in Vila dos Principes.
For many years we would holiday with our family in different places around Europe, but we would always choose to rent a villa or apartment over a hotel. For us we always preferred having a mini ‘home from home’ and the informality and freedom that a self-catering holiday provides, not to mention the cost savings!
Having stayed in some great places, and some not so great places, we have a pretty good idea what makes a great holiday villa or apartment. We have very high standards, and as such pride ourselves on presenting our guests with a choice of high quality apartments and villas, all beautifully furnished and with personal touches from the property owners.
All our rental properties have the Alojamento Locale (AL licence) – the Portuguese property rental licence. They all contain safety equipment such as smoke alarms, CO detectors, fire blanket and fire extinguisher and every boiler has an annual maintenance inspection.
Villas with Private Pools
All our villas have their own swimming pools with sensational views either over gardens and pine trees, the golf course, or overlooking the ocean.
Villas with Shared Pools
Based on the traditional village style, these are adjoining properties situated around a large swimming pool. Set in beautiful surroundings, these are a great option for a holiday with all the benefits of a villa holiday but at a lower cost. These are often a more favourable option for families with children as they can make friends with other children nearby.
Our apartments are all beautifully furnished and again will be minutes from a large swimming pool. Our apartments are great value without sacrificing style and comfort.
Why book with us?
We pride ourselves on offering our guests the best possible service. We are happy and have the time to talk to you about our different villas or apartments to ensure you have the perfect property for your holiday, so if you have questions on what would be best for you give us a call or send us an email. Our dedication to ensuring your holiday is a great one is why so many of our guests come back year after year.
- No extra costs – the price you see quoted is the price you pay.
- Infants go free – we can include one free cot and highchair per booking.
- Flexible arrival days can often be arranged to suit you.
- Our local manager is on call 24hrs a day and contact numbers are provided.
- One of our representatives will visit you during your holiday to make sure everything is OK.
- Anything extra? – if you require something that isn’t listed please let us know and we may be able to organise it for you.
- Local knowledge – all our staff either live at Praia d’el Rey or in one of the local villages so we can give you very detailed and helpful information about The Silver Coast.
- We have English, Portuguese, Spanish and French speakers and we are on hand to give you help and advice during your holiday
- Complete confidence – all our properties are correctly licensed under Portuguese law, have adequate public liability insurance, and fuflill all safety standards.